Sunday 12 March 2017

1830 Samoa: As a fifth great grandson of Malietoa Talavou Tonumaipe'a this is part of my story. Tim Tufuga

As confusing as it my seem, the microcosmic world of the Samoan political cosmos seems to be a microcosmic geo-political colonial history unfolding in a rapid, and seemingly inchoate history. One in which, it would have a direct impact upon the domestic political power struggles of the localised Chieftains.

From my personal note, it has a direct link with my personal life. In short, I am the fifth great grandson of Malietoa Talavou Tonumaipe'a, from the consummation from his second marriage.

My ancestral lineage is traced directly to Malietoa Talavou's second wife's descendants, mai le Maota o Pouesi, mai Sapapali'i, within Apia village ushering the Sa Tuiletufuga agnation line, which is directly linked to my late mother's father's heritage, Sa Tuiletufuga family of Apia.

As for the Tufuga side, this is the high chiefly title of Asau, Savai'i and are traditionally aligned with the Tupua line, which is a Ali'i title name in Asau and their fa'alupega. The current Samoan head of State is also a holder of the Tupua royal title.




Source:

wikipedia.com https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malietoa_Talavou_Tonumaipe%E2%80%99a

No comments:

Post a Comment